BRAND LEGAL CONSULTANCY: REGISTRATION AND PROTECTION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The legal consultancy division offers all the legal assistance necessary for business activity by companies and designers plus a series of additional advantages over traditional legal offices:
- Many years’ experience and knowledge of the mechanisms that govern business negotiations in the fashion sector.
- Promptness and an ability to foresee the problems that lead to efficiency in intervention.
- The guarantee of a specialist service at a lower cost than the fees usually applied by law firms, especially for contracts.
- Assistance with drawing up of contracts (commercial law): from identification of the most appropriate civil institutions, to negotiation of the various agreements through to drafting of the contract for operations both locally and internationally.
- Assistance with company related legal questions (corporate law): national and international mergers and acquisitions, constitution of firms, company reorganisation and venture capital.
- Legal consultancy for licensing, brands and intangible rights, protection of distinctive marks, trade and large-scale distribution, representation and agency relationships, debt collection, advertising and commercial promotion campaigns.
- Legal consultancy for registration and protection of brand names all over the world, including China.
LEGAL CONSULTANCY – CHINA
Through an important, qualified law firm in Shanghai, La Quinta offers legal support for management and registration of brands and any pending or future controversies.
- Top quality service.
- Management in Italian.
- Advantageous quality-price ratio.
- Clarity and transparency: before proceeding, we always suggest possible measures to be taken and provide a quotation for the costs involved.
- Solid applications that are not merely an extension of protection of the international brand in China (through the Madrid System) but specific focused activity in and for China.
- More official documents as they are drawn up directly and immediately by local institutions on the headed paper of the competent authority.
- Direct operations with the support of local officials plus consequent rapid execution.
Protecting owned brands in China is fundamental:
or efficient protection of the intangible property of a company choosing to invest in the People’s Republic of China:
- as a necessary stage in the realisation of an effective industrial and commercial strategy that pays
- for defence against disputes that may have important consequences on the use of the brand in China
- for effective response to any cases of forgery
- or those who do not yet work in Asia or who work there indirectly, with a view to countering Chinese parties, who after coming into contact with the brand (trade fairs, advertising, representatives, trips to Italy, etc.) deposit it under their own name in China, usurping a right until it is reclaimed/bought back by the legitimate owner; or, worse, export forged products to precisely the market where the legitimate owner of the brand operates.